Someone said I don't seem to be a pessimist, I appear to be a fighter, someone strong enough to handle everything. In reality, I am just good at concealing my weakness. Behind my smile is a story people will never understand.
I know I have to fight through some bad days to earn the best days of my life, but when is this storm ending? When will I see the rainbow?
The temptation to give up in the face of difficult challenges has never been too far from my thinking. I am close to giving up; trials and tribulations weighing me down. I remind myself constantly, Marvin Goldberg told Gordan MacDonald that by giving up, he was inadvertently reinforcing a dangerous trait: specifically that whenever faced with a challenge he dislike or seemed too difficult he would find it easier and easier to walk away from it or to to quit. I am really burnt out and tired of fighting.
Dear God,
I asked for strength and You gave me difficulties to make me strong.
I asked for wisdom and You gave me problems to solve.
I asked for prosperity and You gave me brain and brawn to work.
I asked for courage and You gave me danger to overcome.
I asked for love and You gave me troubled people to help.
I asked for favours and You gave me opportunities.
I received nothing I wanted but everything I needed.
But God,
I am in so much pain all I want to ask for now, is not waking up from my sleep the next morning.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home